LUNCH & LEARN
(FREE to members, $100 non-members)
April 5, 2022
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. via ZOOM
PRESENTER: Amy Lambert, JD
TOPIC: Handling Premarital (and Post martial) Agreements in the CL process
- Review what is required for a Premarital Agreement in Texas;
- Review what can and can’t be included in Premarital Agreements in Texas;
- Compare the traditional way of handling a Premarital Agreement (legal arm-wrestling) vs. Collaborative prenups;
- Discuss the neutrals role in this process;
- Discuss considerations in using a full team vs. a partial team vs. no team and how a team is helpful in this process;
- Discuss how using the Collaborative process can reduce the possibility of the Agreement being thrown out;
- Discuss creating an environment where the parties use the Collaborative Process and building of the Agreement as a tool for creating a better foundation and understanding on which to build (or continue) their marriage.
NOTE: 1 hour of CLE's approved for Attorneys
In addition, this 1 hour training qualifies toward your additional 25 hours needed for credentialing/master credentialing purposes.