At the Spring Conference, we discussed the importance of speaking the same language as potential clients. One of the key reasons for changing the name of the Collaborative Law Institute of Texas to Collaborative Divorce Texas was to speak the right language. That is, the language of search on the Internet.
No one was searching the term "collaborative law" because no one knew what that meant. But people do search for the term divorce and new branding opportunities opened up by tying collaborative to divorce. Search terms are known as keywords. Keywords are words people use in a search to find information.
Keywords - Marketing Collaborative Divorce
Since February, the keyword has been "Collaborative Divorce", and the logical question is how has that keyword done in terms of driving traffic into the CDT website? Web traffic over the first five months after the name change was up 14.3 percent versus the old site over the same time period in 2015. And, as the site becomes more fully indexed by Google, the traffic has grown even more. It's up a whopping 36 percent for June and July versus 2015. Clearly the keywords are working.
Tips for Leveraging Growth
Here are three tips on leveraging that growth into your own practice in order to get more collaborative cases.
- Change all references to Collaborative Law to Collaborative Divorce on your firm’s website.
- Write a blog on the features and benefits of Collaborative Divorce for your firm’s blog. Blogs are one of the best ways to drive traffic into your site. Typically, they are full of the keywords that people are searching.
- Make sure your profile on the Collaborative Divorce Texas website is complete and has a link back to your website and that your contact information is correct.
Collaborative Divorce, the Way to Divorce Differently
The goal of Collaborative Divorce Texas is to get more cases for its members. A great idea is only a concept if it doesn’t translate into business. The great idea is a way to divorce differently. The way to get more cases is to speak the language of the person who needs your services but doesn’t know anything about collaborative.
Bonus Tip: Here are the top five divorce related keywords in Texas to use in your collaborative blogs:
- Child Custody - 135,000 Searches per month
- Divorce in Texas - 9,990 Searches per month
- Divorce - 8,100 Searches per month
- Divorce Lawyers - 6,600 Searches per month
- Divorce Papers - 2,400 Searches per month
Tim Crouch is the owner of The Crouch Group, which is helping collaborative professionals get more cases in Texas.